AA

11 months ago by Anonymous Avocado

I am still fighting for you my baby

A year ago today we brought my Down's syndrome home from the hospital after an 8 day stay in the NICU. He came home on oxygen and monitors and medication. We were new to being parents of a baby with unique medical needs. We met with multiple doctors and therapists those first few weeks. It all felt a bit overwhelming although we were so grateful to have him home. We knew how blessed we were to have such a short NICU stay.
To think of all that he has been through and all that we have learned and how much we have grown this year, well… it makes me a little teary eyed to be honest.
It has been good to sit here and reflect on this past year. The good AND the bad. I am continually trying to process things and pick up the pieces of who I once was and put myself back together. Only, the pieces will never ever fit together like they used to. And that’s ok. My new weaknesses and triggers- they are the scars of what I have been through. The battles that I have fought. Some of them, I am still fighting.
bookmark

bookmark

Down's syndrome
Comments
Imagine that in 1 year, something you did not know anything about, which may even have seemed scary, can become even everyday. It becomes a completely natural part of your life and you can not even imagine the thought of being without it. So it is with Down syndrome. It makes you grow as a person, you learn to see and value things in a different way. One becomes humble appreciating other things than before. You learn to see the little things in life and appreciate them. When Down Syndrome came into my life, the words joy and love took on greater meaning than before. My whole life changed, for the better. Why? Yes, I became a mother! Love from Sweden ❤️🇸🇪

11 months ago

AP

Anonymous Pineapple

Many Blessings to you in your healing. Thank you again for sharing your story

11 months ago

AP

Anonymous Pineapple

Thank you for these amazing thoughts. We just started this exact same journey 6 weeks ago. 13 days in the NICU, and my wife and I feel the exact same. It’s good to hear what a year in looks like. Stay strong! Hudson is such a cute boy!!

11 months ago

AO

Anonymous Orange

So we’ll said! And I’m certain so many can relate to - I know I do!

11 months ago

AO

Anonymous Orange

you are stronger then you think. Continue showing him and your other children how blessed they are to call you Mom!

11 months ago

AO

Anonymous Orange

He is your little angel 😇 and his best friend is god🙏 he is looking after him every step of the way, look at how far he has come. He is amazing 🤩 Parents don’t realise how strong they are until they are all tested with their babies, children.❤️❤️❤️

11 months ago

AS

Anonymous Strawberry

Don't ever forget that you are amazing! You got this, you are brave,strong and a wonderful mom to this beautiful little bundle of love and joy❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

11 months ago

You are one of the most amazing mothers I have ever encountered. ♥️🙏🏼♥️

11 months ago

Post a comment...

Copyright © Rimads 2022 All Rights Reserved